From SB Hackerspace
What is Santa Barbara Hackerspace?
Santa Barbara Hackerspace is a fun place to make interesting things with smart people. Our activities range from robotics and electronics to web development, mobile apps, and computer security. Come join us!
- Underwater ROV
- Awesome RFID entry (see YouTube video here)
- 3D Printer (YouTube video)
- IRC Bot
- Other programming projects, too! See our GitHub page.
- Aerial 3D photography
- tDCS or transcranial Direct Current Stimulation for improved learning brainstates (New as of March 2012).
- Project Ideas: See Projects
The projects we've broken down into specific subtasks can be seen at sbhx.org:3000. We started doing this in October 2011.
These classes aren't quite weekly, but they're pretty close. Join the Google Group to receive the announcements so it's clear which days which classes are meeting:
To request a class, come to a meeting! I (Steve/elimisteve/User:fraktil) have considered teaching an online programming class (probably in Python). Let me know if you'd be interested.
Want to become a Amateur Radio Operator or Ham, check out the informational page at Ham Licence Info Page?
For more info, see Classes
These classes are no longer offered.
Intro to Hardware Hacking met Thursdays @ 6:30pm until November 2010
Ethical Hacking with Linux met Fridays @ 6:30pm (and streamed live to Ustream!) until November 2010
- IRC: http://irc.sbhackerspace.com (click to chat in browser)
- Google Group: http://gg.sbhackerspace.com
- Email: email@example.com (goes to co-founders)
- Blog: http://sbhackerspace.posterous.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/sbhackerspace
- Calendar: http://cal.sbhackerspace.com
We meet (almost) every Saturday at noon in the hackerspace, located in Goleta.
Becoming A Member
We have 2 tiers of membership: Member( >$34/month), and Guru (>$99/month).
Membership entitles you to 24/7 access to the space and all of it's tools.
- Member List (very incomplete)
Our backgrounds range from engineering, programming, Linux sys admin, math, and networking, to biology, philosophy, and Reddit.
We welcome geeks of all backgrounds, ages, genders, races, sexual orientations, and anything I may have left out!
Tools We Have
- Bench top mill/lathe in one 
- Bench top drill press
- Full compliment of hand tools
- HP 1715a Dual trace 200MHz Analog oscilloscope 
- Rigol 1052e 50MHz DSO (hacked to 100MHz) 
- Soldering irons
- Hot air rework station
- UV Resist method PCB etching equipment
- Computers with 3D CAD software
- Development tools for PIC, AVR, PICAXE and Arduino
- Open Logic Sniffer logic analyzer 
- JTAG programmer for CPLDs and FPGAs
Mutoh Pen Plotter (works sort of, currently working on a proper interface)
- Scroll saw, band saw, router table, rotary saw, and jig saw
- MakerBot CupCake 3D printer 
- A large assortment of development boards/platforms 
- IBM BladeCenter with a variety of blades 
Tools We're Getting
- CNC mill/lathe 
- Signal generator
How to Edit this Wiki
If you'd like a new account, contact elimisteve. (We've had problems with spam(bots) so we made account creation un-automatable.)
Once you've got a login, you're all set! Check out this MediaWiki Cheatsheet for syntax tips.
To upload files, click here, or click the "Upload file" link in the "toolbox" panel on the left side of any wiki page.