From SB Hackerspace
The SB Hackerspace has a handful RepRap-derived 3d printers members can use.
Using 3d Printer Oveveiw
- Design a watertight mesh in your package of choice. Blender, Inventor, Solidworks, FreeCAD, SketchUp, 123d design all work.
- Convert your STL file to the commands for the printer using Cura. Save to SD or your desktop
- Start the print on the printer from the LCD or octoprint.
- Download Cura from https://software.ultimaker.com/
- Choose "Other" as machine type
- Choose "Custom..." as machine
- Enter the machine details from the Machine Profiles list below. This is for the Mendel Max 2.0
- File -> Import Profile the .ini profile from the Machine Profiles list below.
- Basic navigation
- Loading models
- Positioning and orienting models
- Saving GCode to SD and desktop
- Support material
Platform adhesion types
- Rob Ford PLA profile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvr6gtb9muu26q0/rob%20ford%20single%20PLA.ini?dl=0
- 200 width, 200 depth, 200 height, 0.5 nozzle, has heated bed
- i3 profile (likely fine for Mendel Max 1.5) https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3dfbvlptxa5470/space%20i3%20PLA%20fast.ini?dl=0
- 200 width, 200 depth, 200 height, 0.4 nozzle, has heated bed
- Mendel Max 2.0 PLA profile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep7zc1x47r1h13h/space%20Mendel%20Max%20PLA.ini?dl=0
- 230 width, 280 depth, 180 height, 0.4 nozzle, has heated bed
- XCubeX PLA Profile https://www.dropbox.com/s/627fu1t5k2mkuig/XCubeX-fast.ini?dl=0
- 300 width, 300 depth, 200 height, 0.8mm nozzle, has heated bed