So what do you get if you join the Santa Barbara Hackerspace? Lots!
- Access to the 3D printers in the space (for small print jobs PLA filament is included in the membership)
- Use of the laser cutter(s) (members must supply their own materials)
- Use of space for co-working and individual projects
- Many other maker tools including welding equipment, machine tools, hand tools, and a number of software suites
- We are always adding new tools and equipment, if you don’t see a tool you need let us know
The Hackerspace offers 3 levels of membership, each with different benefits.
The $20 a month tier is meant for students and starving hackers. It includes a discount on SBHX classes, access to the space on member only days from 11am to 7pm, and more to come.
The $45 a month tier is meant for the average member. It includes dicounted SBHX classes, tool scheduling, a lockable storage bin, and access to the space on member only days from 10am – 10pm and more to come.
The $100 a month tier is meant for those looking to do some real work at the space. It includes discounted SBHX classes, tool scheduling, a lockable storage bin, and access to the space from 9am to 12am.
Members can also petition the Board of Directors for 24/7 access.
Become a Member
Please review the Santa Barbara Hackerspace Community Guidelines